Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Inspiration and Decisions

What inspires you? I have a couple objects that I keep near the laptop to help keep me inspired for my current WIP. I also have several pictures I found on the Internet that I keep on working cover page. While I've been editing my brain has been flirting with ideas for my next book. I have found that certain artwork is particularly inspiring to my creative side. So I would like to introduce to you, again, to the website http://www.elfwood.com/ . Should you have any other great websites with artwork or other inspiring things, please let me know!
Now on to decisions... After completing my WIP in full, I'd like to make out a detailed plan for it's sequel. But then I'm wide open to other things. I have two ideas stewing around in my head, one I have a tentative story and a lead female for and one I have a character I really like, but no story. I asked myself, what do I want to write, but I don't have an answer. It's not really a big deal right now because I am determined to finish my current WIP despite reading all over the Internet that most first books don't get published. But still, what do you think? How do you decide which story to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment