Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Random Thoughts


Here's a list of random thoughts during my first day substitute teaching. Let me set this up by saying I subbed for a middle school, with a mixture of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students; also I forgot about breakfast(I got called in at 7:50 a.m.) and didn't have cash for lunch--lucky for me I just barely had $1.50 for a soda.

3rd period: 1. Is everybody sick? Lots of sniffing! 2. Headache 3. Starving 4. Rotten kids! 5. Funny and yet not funny, that you can read a kid so stinking quick(dramatic, frustrated, impatient, bored, and possibly obnoxious) 6. Need to work on seeing the good in point # 5. 7. Countdown 8. Sneaky whispering escalates. 8. Cursive s's look funny
LUNCH- 1. None 2. Mtn Dew Yum! 3. Still have headache.
4th period: 1. Balance. 2. Is this okay?
5th period: 1. Surprise, it's a sub! 2. Suspicion. 3. What is it with piling stuff on your desk while doing your work?
6th period: 1. QUIET(one student).
7th period: 1. Four minutes is not enough time for a kid to go to their locker, go to the bathroom, wash their hands and get to class on time in 3 story building. I barely had time to go down 2 flights of stairs, go to the bathroom, wash my hands and walk back up two flights of stairs! 2. HEADACHE 3. Stinking kids! 4. Needy 5. Pep talk needed. 6. Reading can backfire 7. HEADACHE

Ok, I realize it's not very exciting, but it pays!

No comments:

Post a Comment