Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend

Hey all! Hope you had a great weekend. We spent time hanging out, watching one of our nieces softball games, soaking in the hot tub, playing at Elephant Rocks with our church family, and dun, dun, dun...moving my horses back(grass is tall now!) and working on preperations for editing the first draft! Busy!
So, like I said, we moved the horses. I practiced loading with Nina and Big Boy about 3 times. Nina was a pro! Big Boy did the same old, one time, one trick pony. He did however load fairly easy yesterday! So we did this in 3 trips, Nina and Big Boy, then Foster and Rain, and finally all the stuff(water tanks, feed barrels, grooming tools, halters, lead ropes...... When we went back to get Foster and Rain, they were out eating in the field. I hopped bare back on Foster with just a halter and lead rope and pony'd Rain off of him down to the gate. He really is a million dollar horse! Not to mention, this was the first time I've pony'd Rain. No hate comments, I at least am honest about my lack of caution! They were all super happy to be in belly deep grass. The bad news is that they keep moving around and are gonna stomp down half the grass before they eat it :( I'm just happy they're close enough to make it super convenient and less time consuming to work with.
As for my book... Last night I spend time looking up words in the dictionary and in the thesaurus. I have several words still yet that need looked up in the thesaurus, a little bit of setting's descriptions and a couple loose ends before I start the "real" editing of my book. I'm considering doing some research, aka blog reading, for advice from other authors on the editing process before I begin. I might just edit the first draft and save the advice for the 2nd draft. Any opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment