Sunday, January 17, 2010

Avatar

So I went on a date with hubby today :) We left baby with his parents and went to see the movie Avatar. I loved it! I will not comment/review it here for two reasons. One is that for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I don't want to ruin it in any way and the second reason is because I'm still soaking it in, even now, 4 hours later. When a story/movie hits me like that, I just love replaying it over and over again in my head.
Oh and a plus from the movie would be 827 new words. It wasn't taking an idea from the movie. What it was, was taking the feeling a relationship in the movie gave me, twisting it and being inspired by that feeling to put together a new scene. Now, the negative part is that this scene will occur several chapters later from where I'm at right now,so those words aren't currently raising my word count :(. I have resisted doing this hippity hoppity thing until now. The feeling was so grand and helped me shape the scene so well, I refused to lose it.
I just love writing from inspiration. I love when writing wells up and springs forth rather than the hunting expidition. Anyhow, I hope you watch, or have all ready watched, and enjoyed Avatar! It is on my to buy list!

No comments:

Post a Comment