Monday, November 8, 2010

Busy Weekend

I picked up some supplies and horse feed Saturday and ate lunch with hubby, mil, and fil over at the new house. Then because although baby wasn't running a fever any more, he still didn't feel well, I headed home. I'm sure I did something else that evening, but for the life of me I can't remember! Sunday was full of church, family time and moving some stuff to the new house, and then more family time.
I'm still waiting on edits of my query letter from bil(reminder, Brother In Law), so I haven't queried yet. I'm feeling a little in limbo because while I know what my next wip is(I'll capitalize it when I actually start writing) I'm still a little stuck in the story I just finished. I did the same thing going between editing my first book and while taking a break I brainstormed a lot for my next book. A few days after getting back to editing I had a light bulb moment and could look back and see how I was drifting into one story and into/out of the other. Very surreal and pleasant once I realized what was happening and that I wasn't just being a slacker.
Ok, I must admit my fear(s).
1. I have a new story to write and I need to get back into that world.
2. I still have to do the "work" part to my last book; aka get it queried out to an agent.
3. Nobody will like my book!
4. I have several awesome books from my birthday that I really want to read, but I really need to get into my next book.
5. Not enough time because I took a different job :( Yup, I'm going to be a bank teller. I love substituting but it isn't steady enough to make the house payment, so I'll be moving on. In the back of my mind I'm dreaming of a day when I can be a published(and paid) author and substitute teach and support my family. Big dreams, lot's of work, but I am up to it! I hope :)
Keep on keeping on! Face those fears!

No comments:

Post a Comment