Sunday, July 18, 2010

Inspiration

Where do you get yours? Some things I do, writing, etc., I have inspiration to do them. Some things I do because I feel like I have to, like exercising. I want to eat what I want and not gain weight and so I exercise. Before I exercise and during the exercise, I feel like I’m pulling the effort out of me, like a stubborn tooth.
Now I write because I want to, although I sometimes require/like a little inspiration. For my current work in progress I listened to the soundtracks to Twilight and New Moon. I tried to listen to something else once, it was Taylor Swift whom I really like, but it just didn’t do it for me. Oddly enough, now that I’ve been editing, I don’t need the music like I did before. I’m not sure why, but I am ok with it. I also had a neat looking cuff bracelet that I kept sitting by a small figurine, both by my laptop. I’ve misplaced the braclet, but the figurine is still here. Once again, I don’t feel the need to look at them as much now that I’m editing. The thing is, as I’m editing right now, I’m fixing a lot of major flaws. It’s not really a fine tuning and I’m thinking that when I start fine tuning my current WIP that I’ll be hobbling on those crutches once again. I don’t mind though, it's all about whatever it takes to get it done.
So what’s your inspiration?
On a side note, I've made it to chapter 10:), but I am behind on my own goals :(

No comments:

Post a Comment