Thursday, March 24, 2016

A glimpse of me beyond the ink

There is more to me than writing. There is my family , my friends, and my animals.
I have a sick chicken. I took her to the vet. To some, this is no big deal, but many people including my husband, think I'm crazy. The prognosis was not good. I declined antibiotics and took her home to put her down. I changed my mind... As in I was about to break down sobbing over a chicken! Thanks to a friend, he dosed her with a first round of penicillin. I had to try. If she isn't better by Friday, I'll do the right thing.
As humans we have the burden of other animals lives and deaths and quality of life. Sometimes our love makes us hold on too long and sometimes we get lucky enough death happens without us. But sometimes we make the most painful decisions out of love. And then we live with it. So it's imperative we make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment