Friday, November 6, 2015

Plotting and Pansing

How I've written each book had been different each time. Although up until now it was similar in the sense that I "daydream" then outline then write. I'm usually not very intense about outlining but I do it.
The last first draft I finished was different. I was very intense about outlining. I had a generic outline for what should happen when, I had my characters and I plugged them in, following the outline. I had planned out the first 2/3'a of the book before I typed a word. I was open to change as I wrote and I did change some scenes completely and some I just switched where they fell in the book.

My current draft is proving to be  different. I started it thinking it probably wouldn't amount to a story and knowing I had other writing that needed worked on. I'm a third of the way through without having outlined anything. I am finally getting to the point where I feel that I may need to outline the rest of the book at least in a bare bones way to avoid dead ends. But it has been so nice just telling the story without worrying too far ahead. And as I typed that I realized that's how my MC thinks, one day at a time. Hmmmm, interesting. Anyway, my only dilemma is I don't want to spoil the mood. Decisions, decisions.
Keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment