Sunday, November 1, 2015

Finding the balance

Ever heard it said life is a balancing act? Well it is ;) Depending on your life and family, you balance things out, your wants and needs, someone else's wants and needs; doing what needs to be done or what you want to do.
Currently, I'm a stay at home mom. So my trick is balancing writing with a toddler, a 6 year old, a spouse and our mini farm.  I have found a sort of groove that is unbalanced as only a toddler and a finicky muse can do. I write or do something writing related during each nap time(which may be 30 minutes or at most 1 1/2 hours) and I often do so after the kids are in bed. The bedtime one is hard though because it's a toss up between a shower, sleep or writing. And if I don't have inspiration or a scene that is trying to claw it's way out, writing sometimes comes in last.
But not only do I have to balance finding the time to write versus doing some other tasks that would be easier to do while the toddler is sleeping, I must also balance what I am going to do during my writing time. I could blog. I could polish a query. I could send out queries. I could polish my synopsis. I could edit. I could outline. I could world build. Or, Gasp!, I could write ;)

I love it all. The hard work and the times when words trip over themselves to get on the page. The times when I pass out in bed and the times when I look like crap cause I stayed up late writing instead  of showering.

It's hard sometimes, but that is life. Really the only part that really sucks is I'm not published so I don't get paid. Hunt down your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment