Friday, May 10, 2013

Painful...

So many parts of writing are painful. The middle of writing a first draft, the fifth round of edits, writing a query letter, querying, being told no by an agent for whatever reason. The list can go on and on but my point is this, when there are so many inherently painful parts to writing, why be cruel to someone else when critiquing a fellow writer? I was over at Evil Editor and some of the comments about the most recent synopsis crossed the line IMO. All critiques are hard to swallow, but how they're presented is still important. I'm not even saying you have to sandwhich a negative between to positives. I just think you don't have to twist the knife you're shoving in. In other painful news... I got another rejection from an agent. I know I'm biased, but I don't feel like my query is that bad which means may be my idea just isn't good enough for the market. I keep telling myself that it is very different. There's nothing out there that I can find in YA that has similar paranormal characters. I'm not giving up though! Come Sunday I'll have Internet access and I'll be sending out some more query letters. Keep living life so you've got something to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment