Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Come in like a lion

and not planning on going out like a lamb :) I want to be published. This is my dream, this is my goal; I don't care how many books it takes before it finally happens. It will happen!
Currently I'm on book 2. I've finished draft three and I've sent out the first 5 chapters to my beta readers. I've decided to take a step back and let the story ride for at least a week, no matter what feedback I get back from my readers. Or at least that's the plan. I'm debating whether or not I should take a complete break from writing or start playing with my next story. The problem is, I"m not sure what the next story is! I'd like to start on the sequel to the book I'm editing right now, but I know I should move on in case this book never gets published. I have a couple of other ideas that I want to write, but one has stalled out(I"m thinking it's due to my inability to get the plot "right") and the other one, I"m just not sure I"m there in my skills to do the story justice. It's deep and painful and not a YA. I guess I"m afraid of it.
Okay, now that I've bared my soul, let's be over and out!

P.S. I"ve also thought of playing a game. Finding a random picture on the web that calls to me and writing a very short bit about it. Kind of like ROD at DeadlineDames except it will only feature me and pic's I pick. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment